Today is Day 2 of 2 for IndieWebCamp Online 2020, which means today is Hack Day! My goal for the day is to reconstruct my poems page.
[As of 15:32:57, I'm all done!]
[2020-02-09T09:38:25-0800: first task complete!]
With the redirect in place, I can proceed to the larger of today's tasks: breaking out each poem onto its own page. This will accomplish two goals:
- Allows me to integrate each poem as an individual post on my blog
- Allows me to turn the poems index into a collection
The steps for this second task are:
- Include the new poems directory into my website build script [done]
- Cut each poem, or section of poems, out into its own page [done, including some upgrades to my CSS and more-semantic HTML]
- Add code to my build script to construct the poems index by fetching the body for each poem. The display order on the index is not entirely chronological, so I can't just concatenate all the pages' bodies together before rendering the index. [done]
Coincidentally, another IndieWeb practitioner, Greg McVerry, is building his own poetry page today.