The Drongo is my email newsletter. You can subscribe here!
The Drongo features an interview series with real-life drongos. Most of my fascinating friends and acquaintances will never have a chance to meet in person, so I'm offering them the next-best thing: starring roles in interviews which I produce and publish. Each interview is a casual, unfiltered conversation celebrating the interviewee's life, hobbies, and eccentricities.
"What the hell is a drongo?"
Drongos are artists, dreamers, goofballs, weirdos, hooligans, fools, outsiders, hedonists, and flaneurs. (I invented the word years ago, without knowing that, for Australians, "drongo" is the name of a bird and slang for an idiot.)
- Karthik Bala, ayurvedic healer
- Chris Stasse, Chinese scholar and calligrapher
- Carla Paloma, ceramics artist
- Lyla Boyajian, Fulbright scholar and Freemason schmoozer
- Nick LeFlohic, film buff, engineer, and lover of postcards
- Drew Jackson, librarian and history lover
- Ryan Wright, game studies researcher and star of Ryan Quest
- Larry Drui, voice and theater actor
- Alexi Caracotsios, musician and polyglot
- Eyal Herling, scuba instructor and EOD veteran
- Hayley VanderJagt, fire spinner and clinical psychology PhD student
- Jacob Hall, geology student and website wrangler (July)
- Jeremy Wishner, satellite engineer (July)
- Weiwei Hsu, web designer, entrepreneur, and founding member of Tiny Factories
- Anna Leah Eisner, polyglot and medical student
- Nick Franzese, computer science PhD student and capoeira practitioner
- Adam Luft, artist and teacher
- Andrew Fribush, engineering entrepreneur
- Sarah Hibner, creative director at ZingSoft
- Aidan Walker, web poet
- Angelo Gladding, pirate and programmer
- Anyā Likhitha, play consultant, photographer, and designer
On this website, I write about Chinese linguistics and translation, publish computer games and poetry, and run weird contests.
In addition to interviews, The Drongo delivers occasional news about website updates, new projects, peeks at rough drafts, and other monkey business.