The Drongo is my email newsletter. You can subscribe here!
Issues of The Drongo will appear on this website after a delay.
The core feature of The Drongo is a series of interviews with real-life drongos. Most of my fascinating friends and acquaintances will never have a chance to meet in person, so I'm offering them the next-best thing: starring roles in interviews which I produce and publish. Each interview is a casual, unfiltered conversation celebrating the interviewee's life, hobbies, and eccentricities.
All dates tentative until release.
- Karthik Bala, ayurvedic shaman
- Chris Stasse, Chinese scholar and calligrapher
- Carla Paloma, ceramics artist and translator (January 31)
- Lyla Boyajian, Spanish scholar and tanguera (February 14)
- Nick LeFlohic, biomedical researcher (February 28)
- Drew Jackson, librarian-in-training (March 14)
- Ryan Wright, game studies researcher and star of Ryan Quest (March 28)
- Larry Drui, voice and theater actor (April 11)
- Anna Leah Eisner, medical student and rollerblader (April 25)
- Hayley VanderJagt, neuroscience PhD student and fire spinner
- Nick Franzese, computer science PhD student and capoeira practitioner
- Jeremy Wishner, satellite engineer
- Matt Unger, melee weapon enthusiast
- Alexi Caracotsios, musician and polyglot
- Eyal Herling, scuba instructor and EOD veteran
- Adam Luft, artist
- YOU?? Subscribe, and we'll make it happen.
On this website, I write about Chinese linguistics and translation, publish computer games and poetry, and run weird contests.
Outside of the core interview series, The Drongo delivers news of poems and other website additions, as well as occasional peeks at rough drafts and other monkey business.